Workbook: 1280 Top Anglo-Saxon Companies – Excel file of the top public listed companies in the US, UK, Canada & Australia
Browse, filter, and use data easily on the top companies in Anglo-Saxon countries: United States (S&P 500), United Kingdom (FTSE 350), Canada (TSX Composite) & Australia (ASX 200).
This Excel file contains 9 actionable spreadsheets:
This workbook includes 4 spreadsheets of the top public listed companies by market capitalization in Anglo-Saxon countries with business, market, financial and digital information:
- the Top 500 public listed companies by market capitalization in the United States, constituents of the S&P 500 Index
- the Top 350 public listed companies by market capitalization in the United Kingdom, constituents of the FTSE 350 Index (FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 indices)
- the Top 230 public listed companies by market capitalization in Canada, constituents of the S&P/TSX Composite index
- the Top 200 public listed companies by market capitalization in Australia, constituents of the S&P/ASX 200 index
Companies and their related data can easily be browsed and filtered according to your specific purposes: grouping by sectors/industries, ranking by market capitalization, sorting websites, etc.
Besides the four spreadsheets of top companies for each country, this workbook now also includes 1 Master Spreadsheet regrouping these 1,280 top companies of the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Listed with their market capitalization converted to US $, you can now easily browse, filter and group 1,280 of the world’s largest English-speaking corporations by country, size, sector, industry and many other business, financial and digital criteria in a single spreadsheet!
All information included in these 5 main spreadsheets has been updated for 2020.
This workbook also includes 4 new, extra spreadsheets with the stock prices of all these top US, UK, Canadian and Australian companies for 2018 and 2019. With the prices of each stock at the end of each month between December 2017 and December 2019, these spreadsheets will greatly help you assess the financial health and evolution of each company, providing new opportunities to analyze data, calculate correlations between stocks, estimate seasonality, cross analyze stocks by industry, sector, or even arbitrary batches.
This Excel workbook contains 8 spreadsheets with key business, market, financial and digital information on 1,280 top companies from the US, UK, Canada, and Australia and their stock prices for 2018 and 2019. Thanks to this updated file, you can obtain four best-selling files, plus one, unique master spreadsheet with all 1,280 companies, in a single file for the price of $39.90, instead of $54.60 if you purchase each document separately, and save $14.70!
Included in the 1280 Top Anglo-Saxon Companies – Excel Workbook:
Key benefits of 1280 top Anglo-Saxon companies workbook
- Quickly browse and filter the companies’ information in a single convenient Excel file for multiple purposes, including:
- corporate benchmarking for marketing, finance, and investment
- searching and filtering companies for informed lead generation
- quickly reaching companies’ websites and online presence in bulk
- using stocks data to perform cross-stocks analysis, statistics, and machine learning for financial and investment insights
- Keep all the information readily available on your computer at any time, even offline.
- Easily use the companies’ data in other applications and programs thanks to a standard Excel file.
- Save tens of hours of companies’ information search, collection and formatting in one convenient Excel file.
- Use data to boost your productivity and discover decisive insights, NOW!
To let you know exactly what the 1280 Top Anglo-Saxon Companies spreadsheet contains, you can here download a free sample. This extract includes the first 5 companies for each country with all the data available for these companies, together with the explanatory notes of the description spreadsheet. For more information about each column data, please see below.
Presentation of the 1280 Top Anglo-Saxon Companies spreadsheets
▪ The 1,280 Top Companies Master Spreadsheet contains consolidated data on the top publicly listed companies in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. For comparison purposes, the market capitalization of each of the companies listed in the UK, Canada, and Australia have been converted to US $. See below for more details.
▪ The S&P 500 Companies spreadsheet contains data on the top 500 publicly listed companies in the US. They are quoted either on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq or CBOE, and constitute the S&P 500 Index. Five companies are referenced twice in this spreadsheet, as they have two types of shares listed, namely, Alphabet Inc (Google), Discovery Inc., Fox Corporation, News Corp. and Under Armour.
▪ The FTSE 350 Companies spreadsheet contains data on the top 350 publicly listed companies on the London Stock Exchange. The top 100 largest companies by market capitalization form the FTSE 100 index, and the following 250 form the FTSE 250 index. Together, they form the FTSE 350 index, which regroups the top 350 largest companies by market capitalization quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
▪ The TSX Composite Companies spreadsheet contains data on the top 230 publicly listed companies in Canada. They are quoted on the Toronto Stock Exchange and together constitute the S&P/TSX Composite Index.
▪ The ASX 200 Companies spreadsheet contains data on the top 200 publicly listed companies in Australia. They are quoted on the Australian Securities Exchange and together constitute the S&P/ASX 200 Index.
All data included in the 5 top companies’ information spreadsheets are updated as of Friday, February 7, 2020.
▪ The 4 new spreadsheets contain the Stocks Prices for 2018 and 2019 of all the top 500 US companies in the S&P 500 index, top 350 UK companies in the FTSE 350 index (FTSE 100 + FTSE 250 indices), the top 230 Canadian companies in the TSX Composite index and the top 200 Australian companies in the ASX 200 index. These spreadsheets include the stock prices for every last trading day of each month from December 2017 to December 2019.
Details of the companies spreadsheets data
Here is a presentation of the information included in each column of the “Top Companies” spreadsheets. The data can be sorted and filtered according to each column, through the filter button present in the right of the columns headings cells. Data available only for the Top 1280, S&P 500 and FTSE 350 companies are presented at the end of the list.
Official company name. In these cells are also detailed the two types of shares of the five companies listed with dual securities in the S&P 500 index.
Main sector of the company, according to the Global Industry Classification Standard for sectors for S&P 500 companies.
▪ industry / Sub-industry
Main industry or industries of the company. For S&P 500 companies, main sub-industry or sub-industries of the company, according to the Global Industry Classification Standard for sub-industries.
Total number of employees in the company, when available.
URL of the company’s main corporate website with a direct link.
Year of the foundation of the company. Some companies have another year in parenthesis: the main year then marks the founding of this daughter company while the year of the founding of the mother company is displayed in parenthesis.
Location of the company’s main headquarters.
▪ Market Cap.
Market capitalization of the company in Million of the local currency. Companies with more than one security quoted may present a discrepancy between their valuation according to each security.
Stock symbol of the company.
▪ Stock info
URL of the company’s security information with direct link to the website of the stock exchange on which it is listed: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, CBOE, London Stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange, Australian Securities Exchange.
▪ Wikipedia URL
URL with direct link to the company’s main page on Wikipedia.
Succinct description of the company’s activities, retrieved from the introduction of the Wikipedia page of the company.
Extra Information available for the master 1280 Top companies spreadsheet
Country where the company’s stock is listed: United States, United Kingdom, Canada & Australia.
▪ Converted Market Cap. in US $M
Market capitalization of the company converted in Million US $. The market capitalizations of each company listed in the UK, Canada, and Australia have been converted to US $ using the exchange rates on February 7, 2020:
- 1 USD = 1.4982 AUD
- 1 USD = 1.3309 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.7759 GBP (1 GBP = 1.2889 USD)
The index in which the company’s stock belongs. Note that US companies are either listed as part of the S&P 500 or both Dow & S&P 500 indices. Companies listed in the UK are listed either as part of the FTSE 100 or FTSE 250. See below for more information.
Extra Information available for US companies
▪ Date first added
Date of the first inclusion of the company as a constituent of the S&P 500 index, when available.
▪ Dow Jones
All the companies included are constituents of the S&P 500 index; companies that are also a constituent of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index are signaled in this column with a tick.
▪ SEC filings
Link to the company’s filings on the Securities Exchange Commission website.
Central Index Key number given by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. This number is used to identify a company’s filings in several online databases, including EDGAR.
Extra Information available for UK companies
Companies included in the list are either constituents of the FTSE 100 index if they are part of the top 100 largest companies by market capitalization, or the FTSE 250 if they are in the next 250 following companies quoted on the London Stock Exchange. They are listed as either part of the FTSE 100 or FTSE 250. All together these companies form the FTSE 350 Index.
For a complete preview, download the free spreadsheet sample.
- Type: XLS file (.xlsx)
- Size: 1.14 Mo
- Spreadsheets: 10
- 1 Master Spreadsheet containing 1,280 top Anglo-Saxon companies with 2020 information, market capitalization converted to US $, and filters
- 4 spreadsheets containing the Top 500 US Companies, Top 350 UK Companies, Top 230 Canadian Companies, Top 200 Australian Companies; 1 spreadsheet per country with 2020 information and filters
- 4 spreadsheets containing the stock prices at the end of each month for 2018 and 2019 with filters, 1 spreadsheet per country
- 1 spreadsheet with the description of the data
- Author/Editor: Disfold