Spreadsheet: Top public listed companies of Anglo-Saxon countries, United States, United Kingdom, Canada & Australia
Browse, filter, and use data easily on the top companies in Anglo-Saxon countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada & Australia
This ultimate Excel spreadsheet includes lists of the top public listed companies of Anglo-Saxon countries and related information. Companies and their relative data can be browsed and filtered very easily to be used for your specific purposes, grouping by countries, sectors, sorting websites, etc.
The main spreadsheet contains 146 companies from the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. The secondary spreadsheets list the companies for each of the 4 countries to help you work more easily on the list of companies by country.
- Browse and filter companies information in a single convenient file.
- Keep your companies information readily available on your computer at any time, even offline.
- Use companies data directly and easily in other applications and programs thanks to a standard Excel file.
- Save tens of hours of companies data search, collection and formatting in one cheap and convenient Excel spreadsheet!
Companies information included in the spreadsheet
Companies listed are public limited companies included in some of the top stock indexes of Anglo-Saxon countries as of August 2019.
- Top 30 companies of the US in the Dow Jones index
- Top 30 companies of the US in the Nasdaq Composite index
- Top 30 companies of the UK in the FTSE 100 index
- Top 30 companies of Canada in the TSX index
- Top 30 companies of Australia in the ASX 200 index
Remark: 4 companies are part of both the Dow Jones and Nasdaq Composite indices.
Spreadsheet columns data
Here are the explanations of the data included in the spreadsheet, column by column.
Country of origin of the company. A few companies are present in multiple countries through subsidiaries or sister companies.
Stock index in which the company is a component. Note that 4 American companies are components of both the Dow Jones Industrial Average index and the Nasdaq Composite: Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, and Intel.
Main sector of business operations of the company.
Companies heavily involved in many sectors are listed as Conglomerate.
Company’s website domain with a direct link.
Market Capitalization of the company. Market Capitalizations are recorded at closing times for each country at the following dates:
- US – Dow Jones: August 23, 2019
- US – Nasdaq Composite: August 23, 2019
- UK – FTSE 100: August 16, 2019
- Canada – TSX Composite: August 23, 2019
- Australia – ASX 200: August 1st, 2019
Market Capitalization in Billion USD
Market Capitalization of the company converted in US Dollars, with the exchange rates from the local currency at the following dates:
- £: 1,215 GBP / USD as of August 16, 2019
- C$: 0,7502 CAD / USD as of August 23, 2019
- A$: 0,6802 AUD / USD as of August 1st, 2019
Stock Symbol of the company in the stock exchange where it is quoted.
Succinct description of the company’s activity.
- Type: XLS file
- Size: 63 Ko
- Sheets: 7
- Top Anglo-Saxon companies with filters
- 5 sheets for top companies by country/index (1 sheet per country/index)
- 1 sheet with the description of the data
- Author/Editor: Disfold