Spreadsheet: Top 500 US Companies – Excel file of the Top 500 public listed American companies
Browse, filter, and use data easily on the Top 500 companies listed in the United States, constituents of the S&P 500 index.
This file contains 2 actionable spreadsheets:
1. The main Excel spreadsheet contains all the key data on the top 500 public listed companies by market capitalization in the United States, constituents of the S&P 500 Index, with business, market, financial and digital information. Companies and their related data can easily be browsed and filtered according to your specific purposes: grouping by sectors/industries, ranking by market capitalization, sorting websites, etc.
This main spreadsheet contains information on the Top 500 publicly listed companies on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market by market capitalization, and their related data. Five companies are referenced twice in this spreadsheet as they have two types of shares listed, namely Alphabet Inc (Google), Discovery Inc., Fox Corporation, News Corp., and Under Armour.
All information included in the main spreadsheet has been updated for 2020.
2. The new, extra spreadsheet lists the stock prices of all 500 companies for 2018 and 2019. With the prices of each S&P 500 stock at the end of each month from December 2017 to December 2019, this spreadsheet will greatly help you assess the financial health and evolution of each company, providing new opportunities to analyze data, calculate correlations between stocks, estimate seasonality, cross analyze stocks by industry, sector, or even arbitrary batches.
Key benefits from the Top 500 US Companies Excel file
- Quickly browse and filter the companies’ information in a single convenient Excel file for multiple purposes, including:
- corporate benchmarking for marketing, finance, and investment
- searching and filtering companies for informed lead generation
- quickly reaching companies’ websites and online presence in bulk
- using stocks data to perform cross-stocks analysis, statistics, and machine learning for financial and investment insights
- Keep all the information readily available on your computer at any time, even offline.
- Easily use the companies’ data in other applications and programs thanks to a standard Excel file (.xls/.xlsx).
- Save tens of hours of companies’ information search, collection, and formatting in one convenient Excel file.
- Use data to boost your productivity and discover decisive insights, NOW!
John Andrews – Senior Partner, Consulting
Adrian Yang – Data Science Post-Graduate
To let you know exactly what the Top 500 US Companies spreadsheet contains, you can here download a free sample. This extract of both spreadsheets includes all the data of the first 10 companies, together with the explanatory notes of the description spreadsheet. For more information about each column data, please see below.
Check our other download “1280 Top Anglo-Saxon Companies” which regroups four best-selling spreadsheets of American, British, Canadian, and Australian companies, and much more, in a single Excel file.
Save $14.70 compared to the price of the four individual files!
Details of the main Top 500 US Companies spreadsheet data
Here is a presentation of the information included in each column of the main “Top 500 Companies” XLS spreadsheet. The data can be sorted and filtered according to each column with a filter button present in the right of the columns headings cells.
All data included in the main spreadsheet are updated as of Friday, February 7, 2020.
Official company name. In these cells are also detailed the two types of shares of the five companies with dual securities.
Main sector of the company, according to the Global Industry Classification Standard for sectors.
Main sub-industry or sub-industries of the company, according to the Global Industry Classification Standard for sub-industries.
Total number of employees in the company, when available.
URL of the company’s main corporate website with a direct link.
Year of the foundation of the company. Some companies have another year in parenthesis: the main year then marks the founding of this daughter company while the year of the founding of the mother company is displayed in parenthesis.
Location of the company’s main headquarters with the city and state for companies based in the US, and the city and country for companies headquartered abroad.
Stock symbol of the company.
▪ Market Cap.
Market capitalization of the company in Million US $. Companies with two securities quoted may present a discrepancy between their valuation according to each security.
▪ Stock info
URL of the company’s security information with a direct link to the website of the stock exchange on which it is listed: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, or CBOE for Cboe Global Markets.
▪ Date first added
Date of the first inclusion of the company as a constituent of the S&P 500 index, when available.
▪ Dow Jones
All the companies included are constituents of the S&P 500 index; companies that are also a constituent of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index are signaled in this column with a tick.
▪ SEC filings
Link to the company’s filings on the Securities Exchange Commission website.
Central Index Key number given by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. This number is used to identify a company’s filings in several online databases, including EDGAR.
▪ Wikipedia URL
URL with a direct link to the company’s main page on Wikipedia.
Succinct description of the company’s activities, retrieved from the introduction of the Wikipedia page of the company.
For a complete preview, download the free spreadsheet sample.
- Type: Excel file (.xlsx)
- Size: 429 Ko
- Spreadsheets: 3
- 1 sheet containing the Top 500 US Companies 2020 information with filters
- 1 sheet containing the Top 500 US Companies stock prices at the end of each month of 2018 and 2019 with filters
- 1 sheet with the detailed description of the data included in the 2 other spreadsheets
- Author/Editor: Disfold